Saturday, February 7, 2015

Rapping About the Brain

On Friday, my colleagues studied some brain based learning research and learned about MindUp, an approach to creating awareness in your thinking, and how the brain and emotions affect our learning. One of the tasks was to do a song or skit about a part of the brain. Our group was given the amygdala. This rap is based on the old school Run DMC song "My Adidas." Enjoy!






Me and My Amygdala, walking through the land
Keeping me safe from things unplanned
It's the center of my brain controlling, fight, flight or freeze
'Cause living in the world ain't no easy breeze
Can't clean up your mess just by sprayin' Febreeze


My Amygdala is the part of the brain that regulates
Keeps in check my emotional state
When I'm positive it feeds me thoughts and reasoning
Gives my imagination flavor and seasoning


But when I'm scared, I don't shut down
It turns off my judgment because it's time to throw down!
It protects me from threats, so I can survive
But I still have to manage it, if I want to thrive


ME and my Amygdala!


No comments: